Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Korean steamed egg-Gaeran Jim

I absolutely love steamed eggs and get excited everytime it comes out as a ban chan during Korean meals. My good friend Terrence and I would always go to this one Ktown spot after clubbing and get the same dishes. We both admitted that we secretly came just for the steamed egg.

My Korean friends recently told me how I could make it in the microwave and it blew my mind on how quick and easy it was! 

Ingredients:
2 eggs (I prefer cage free organic brown eggs bc I'm just bougie like that or maybe I've been played into the whole health craze in a brainwash.)
1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/8 cup of flax milk
2 dashes of sesame seeds
4 diced green beans (raw)

In a heat safe bowl, whisk the eggs and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Microwave for 3 minutes. It will be very hot so use a pot holder to remove and to rest the bowl.

This healthy savory treat can be eaten any time of the day! It definitely can curb your hunger until the next real meal. Enjoy!! 



Here is another version of the steamed egg without the green beans, yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment