Monday, January 5, 2015

Shirred eggs




I went to Plow in SF for brunch and had the most delicious shirred eggs with acme bread. When I got home, I was thinking about it before going to sleep and had to just try it! I followed this recipe that I found:

http://minimalistbaker.com/simple-baked-eggs/

The one trouble was that I didn't own a oven-safe baking dish so I used my bread pan which came out to a similar volume. After 10 mins, I inspected on my creation, but the eggs didn't look ready yet, I cooked it for another 15 minutes and I had overcooked it! But it was still yummy regardless! I will update when I recreate it the next time!


Okay so I went to BBB with my 20% off coupon and bought a proper stoneware pot and remade my shirred eggs! Much better and not overcooked this time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment