Monday, December 8, 2014

Ginger Beer

Both Bossé and I love ginger beer. Nonalcoholic, delicious, and it guzzles down your throat with a mild burn. We have tried several different brands including Reed's, Barritts, Fever Tree, Stoli, Bundaberg, Fentimans, Gosling's, Regatta, Cock N' Bull. Our favorite is Fever Tree for its taste, bubbles, burn, and most importantly the bits of remnants at the bottom of the bottle

We have purchased copper mugs to create our own Moscow mules which consists of one part vodka, three parts ginger beer, ice filled to the top, and squeezed lime. Sometimes I make it part greyhound with a splash of grapefruit juice.

I now want to undergo the challenge of making my own ginger beer:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Homemade-Ginger-Beer-357980


Here is my final product after storing away the combination of ingredients for 36 hours. I used my juicer to make the ginger juice instead of grating the ginger to save time and to avoid the hassle of straining! Another important thing is to release some of the carbonation by unscrewing the lid slightly and let it fizzled and then tighten again. This is to avoid explosion when you finally open the whole lid! We don't want any casualties! I'll update on its taste, right now it's sitting in the fridge chilling for 12 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment