Thursday, December 18, 2014

The art of traveling

Unfortunately with traveling there is always going to be flight delays, missed connections, lost baggage, missed flights, and all the etc run ins. Basically it's best to plan the day of arrival loosely. I made the mistake of trying to cram happy hour and a Xmas show with my parents which I missed. 

It was quite stupid really, the flight was delayed by 30 minutes and I could have made it if they did not have to de-ice the plane. I was thus late by 5 minutes and even though I huffed and puffed my way catching the last tram to the gate, it was futile and the gate read CLOSED. It makes me very nauseous when put in those situations where I know I have about a 5 minute window to hustle or else the chain of events drastically change.

I was now to be stuck at the airport for 6 hours. Ugh!!! 

Miss not seeing my friends. Miss the xmas show that my parents already booked. It's such a pain in the stomach, and everywhere else. I just absolutely abhor dealing with such dismal weather which delays and makes everything else so dangerous. Unnecessary stress.

Anyway I am thankful that I am safe as my one friend who I was supposed to meet for happy hour assured me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment