Saturday, December 6, 2014

Goldilocks finds a new bed

I was having the worst sleep the past few months, waking up and finding myself slumped into a volcano, waking up with a twerked neck or shoulder, waking up bc my bed mate was tossing and snoring  and making the bed quiver. Humph! "Enough was enough," declared Goldilocks!! It was time to visit the 3 bears and to steal one of their beds!

Bossé and I first set off to Sleep Number which may be expensive, but seemed ideal because each of us can adjust our side of the bed to the way we felt most comfortable. And also for me to elevate Bossé so he would stop snoring. I could see myself elevating him to a full 90 degrees if I was awoken and wanted to make sure the snoring would never return  for the night. 

We got absolutely no attention while we perused the different sleep numbers at the store. I suppose it was that weekend after Black Friday and all the sale associates were occupied. Personally, I didn't really want to have a sleep number mattress. I just wanted something firmer that wouldn't cause me to wake up with debilitating body aches or to be awoken from my bedmate getting off the bed causing me to bounce up and down. The $4000+ price tags and lack of attention caused us to depart shortly after laying on a few models. 

We returned to a store called Sleep Doctor one week later and was met with a very friendly manager named Sam Knap. I mean how unique is that to have the word nap in your name?! 

He gave us the basics of mattresses: springs, latex, sleep number, and tempurpedics. I wanted to do away with the springs completely since they were so old skool and were notorious for bad support. The latex made me feel that it could potentially become our current situation a few years down the road. The "sleep number" actually is a gimmick because there is a thick piece of foam lodged in the middle separating the 2 sides into areas smaller than twin sized beds. It also allowed room for malfunction which made us nervous. The tempurpedic though... 

I was drawn to the cloud immediately and sold within 10 minutes! I could not feel Bossé getting up or even walking around the mattress next to me. I was excited to have a comfortable night sleep without body aches. The tempurpedic also had excellent service and a 10 year warranty. With 2 free airflow pillows and a mattress moisture protector cover...Goldilocks had found a new place to rest soundly for many nights to come and more! 



Our new primadona cloud! 👸



No comments:

Post a Comment